Formats and Prices
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $23.99 $29.99 CAD
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire "Best of the West" loop, mix and match destinations for shorter road trips, or follow strategic itineraries for spending time in San Francisco, Yosemite, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Los Angeles, and smaller towns along the Pacific Coast Highway
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: Experience California and the Southwest your way with lists of the best hikes, views, restaurants, and more. Conquer Half Dome, stroll across the Golden Gate Bridge, venture into the depths of the Grand Canyon, or snap a picture on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Step back in time at Alcatraz, tour the opulent rooms of Hearst Castle, or marvel at the jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Satisfy your cravings with an authentic Mission burrito, be dazzled by an over-the-top Las Vegas show, or enjoy a technicolor sunset from a rooftop bar in Los Angeles
- Maps and Driving Tools: Over 40 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Local Insight: Surfer and adventurer Stuart Thornton shares his passion for the state's best secluded beaches, quirky pit stops, and mountaintop vistas
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for international visitors, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling in California
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- Jun 29, 2021
- Page Count
- 448 pages
- Moon Travel