Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Scenic Drives, National Parks, Hiking & Skiing
By Terri Cook
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $21.99 $27.99 CAD
- ebook (Revised) $15.99 $20.99 CAD
Also available from:
- Strategic itineraries including a two-week road trip and quick getaways, with suggestions for outdoor adventurers, winter sports enthusiasts, history buffs, road-trippers, foodies, and more
- The top activities and unique experiences: Explore ancient pueblos or Wild West ghost towns, soak in a steaming hot spring, and spot wild elk, horses, and foxes. Savor fresh flavors at a farm-to-table restaurant and kick back with some of Colorado's delicious local microbrews
- Outdoor adventures: Go white-water rafting or kayaking on a rushing river, and hike slickrock trails to awe-inspiring views of snow-capped mountain peaks. Ski the deep powder of some of the country's top resorts and relax with a delicious après-ski drink
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Local insight from a lifelong adventurer Terri Cook on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campsites and motels to B&Bs and resort lodges
- Reliable background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on getting there and getting around by car, train, and public transportation
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Full coverage of Denver, Boulder and the Northern Front Range, Rocky Mountain National Park, Steamboat Springs and Northwest Colorado, Vail and the Central Rockies, Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley, Mesa Verde and the Southwest, Colorado Springs and the Southeast
Staying in the city? Try Moon Denver, Boulder & Colorado Springs. Staying in the park? Try Moon Rocky Mountain National Park. For an all-outdoors adventure, try Moon Colorado Camping.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- Dec 19, 2023
- Page Count
- 464 pages
- Moon Travel