Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $21.99 $27.99 CAD
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Strategic, flexible itineraries like a long weekend Down East, five days in Acadia, and a two-week road trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Bike through timberland forests or take a lighthouse cruise down the Kennebec River. Sample wild blueberries, farmstead cheeses, and preserves from roadside farm stands, find the best beachfront lobster shack, or mingle with locals over a "chowdah suppah." Discover maritime history in a traditional fishing village or explore pedestrian-only islands packed with hiking trails. Watch the boats sway in a quiet harbor, unwind on a sandy pocket beach sandwiched between two headlands, or immerse yourself in the secluded wilderness of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park
- Honest insight from Maine native Hilary Nangle on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from budget campgrounds to historic inns
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for getting there and getting around by plane, car, train, or bus
- Thorough background on the culture, environment, wildlife, and history
Exploring inland? Try Moon Maine. Hitting the road? Check out Moon New England Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." —No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Dec 13, 2022
- Page Count
- 504 pages
- Moon Travel