By Sally Coffey
Formats and Prices
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $23.99 $29.99 CAD
- Flexible itineraries including a journey through the Highlands and Islands, day-by-day itineraries in Glasgow and Edinburgh, a tour of Scotland’s six World Heritage Sites, and more
- Strategic advice, whether you’re looking to castle-hop, trace your ancestry, go cliff-diving, or stroll through misty villages
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Walk along Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile, or climb the Arthur's Seat peak. Explore Neolithic burial chambers and rugged archipelagos in the north, follow the Malt Whisky Trail in Speyside, or hop on the West Highland Railway, one of the world’s most beautiful train rides. Catch a traditional music performance in Glasgow or chat with locals at a corner pub over folk music and a pint. Hike through wild moors and pine forests to deserted villages on Skye, play one of the oldest golf courses in the world, or take a seaplane over Loch Lomond for dramatic views of the Highlands
- Honest tips from Scotland expert Sally Coffey
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Scotland’s landscape, history, and cultural customs
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Scotland
- In-depth coverage of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southern, Central, and Northeast Scotland, Loch Lomond, Inverness, Orkney & Shetland, the Central Highlands and the Isle of Skye, and the Outer Hebrides
- Handy tools such as visa information, a Scottish phrasebook, and tips for LGBTQ+ travelers, families with kids, and seniors
Sticking to the major cities? Check out Moon Edinburgh, Glasgow & the Isle of Skye.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Jul 5, 2022
- Page Count
- 512 pages
- Moon Travel