By Andy Rhodes
Formats and Prices
- ebook $11.99 $15.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $16.99 $22.99 CAD
- Flexible itineraries, from a long weekend in Houston to a road trip through Central Texas and the coast
- Strategic advice for history buffs, outdoor adventurers, families, and more
- The top sights and unique experiences: Marvel at the original Mission Control at the NASA Space Center or browse the compelling collections at the Contemporary Art Center. Go boating past Spanish moss and cypress trees, kayak along the shore, hike through the Big Thicket Natural Preserve, or spot rare species on a coastal birding trail. Relax on the pristine Padre Island National Seashore, and watch the sun set over the water from the top of a historic lighthouse
- The best local flavors: Dig in to authentic, smoky barbecue, classic Tex-Mex staples, and down-home Southern cooking
- Expert advice from longtime Texan Andy Rhodes on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the state's culture, history, geography, and regional vernacular
Looking to explore more of the Lone Star State? Try Moon Austin, San Antonio & the Hill Country or Moon Texas.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- Feb 2, 2021
- Page Count
- 208 pages
- Moon Travel