Moon 52 Things to Do in Austin & San Antonio
Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways
From that taco truck you haven’t tried yet to the Hill Country getaway you keep meaning to plan, experience something new right here at home with Moon 52 Things to Do in Austin & San Antonio. Inside you’ll find:
- Cool things to do in and around the cities: Get to know more about East Austin’s Black and brown roots, look for murals by local artists, and have old-fashioned fun at a drive-in theater. Learn about native Texas plants on a hike, cool off at a nearby swimming hole, or sample authentic sotol in the desert. Grab a cocktail on Rainey Street, listen to live jazz, or learn how to two-step from an expert. People-watch in San Antonio’s hip Pearl neighborhood, bike the Mission Trail, and feast on tacos
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Sample and sip on the Hill Country Wine Trail or dig in to a plate of barbecue in Lockhart. Cool off in Wimberley's Blue Hole, float the river in New Braunfels, or creep through the caves at Longhorn Cavern State Park
- Experiences broken down by category: Find ideas for each season, activities with kids, outdoor adventures, late-night music, arts and culture, scenic drives, and more
- A local's advice: Whether it’s an art gallery or a historic landmark, local author Christina Garcia knows the ins and outs of Austin and San Antonio
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses, time allotment, and tips for avoiding the crowds at popular attractions
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times