Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon
Road Trips, Outdoor Adventures, Local Flavors
By Tim Hull
Formats and Prices
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $23.99 $29.99 CAD
Also available from:
- Flexible itineraries from a Grand Canyon adventure to two weeks exploring the whole state
- The best road trips in Arizona, including historic Route 66 and scenic byways
- The top hikes, whether you're looking for treks near Phoenix or Tucson, a multi-day expedition into the depths of the Grand Canyon, or trails in Red Rock Country, complete with distance, duration, difficulty level, and elevation gain
- Can't-miss highlights and unique experiences: Discover hidden streams on a hike through high-desert forests or find the best spots to hit the slopes in winter. Visit Ancestral Puebloan cliff cities and learn about Arizona's indigenous cultures or stroll through charming historic towns. Marvel at the red rock cliffs around Sedona, watch your favorite MLB team play during Spring Training, and sample Southwest cuisine from spicy enchiladas to Sonoran hot dogs
- Expert insight from Arizona local Tim Hull on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around, including detailed coverage of gateway cities to the Grand Canyon and sustainable travel tips
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Arizona
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Practical background on Arizona's landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Seeing more of the Southwest? Check out Moon New Mexico or Moon Phoenix, Scottsdale & Sedona. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip or Moon Route 66 Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." —No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Sep 20, 2022
- Page Count
- 472 pages
- Moon Travel