Formats and Prices
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $24.99 $30.99 CAD
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for 4-to-5-day road trips to visit Boise's wine country, Sun Valley and Sawtooth's mountains, or the lakes of the Panhandle
- Outdoor recreation: Raft on the Payette River, take a challenging hike, and paddle pristine turquoise lakes. Bike the Boise River Greenbelt, see multihued wildflowers in bloom, or take in celestial wonders in the first gold-tier dark sky reserve in the U.S.
- The top activities and unique experiences: Road trip the Thousand Springs Scenic Byway for waterfall photo-ops or experience Basque culture in vibrant Boise. Learn about the state’s literary legacy or visit a historic ghost town. Savor fresh flavors at a farm-to-table restaurant and kick back with some of Idaho’s delicious local microbrews
- Ways to respectfully engage with Indigenous cultures: Shop for handmade goods, visit a museum to learn about Indigenous history, or admire ancient petroglyphs
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert advice from Idaho local and lifelong adventurer Teresa Bruffey Kaufman
- Reliable background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on driving conditions and traveling sustainably
Exploring nearby? Check out Moon Montana & Wyoming or Moon Oregon. Passing through? Try Moon Oregon Trail Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- May 30, 2023
- Page Count
- 450 pages
- Moon Travel