- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
Costa Rica Travel
With the Costa Rica ¡Pura Vida! travel app in your pocket, you can travel “on the go,” quickly finding the best lodgings, restaurants, beaches, and experiences. This app shows only the best of Costa Rica, from Arenal Volcano to zip-line adventures. Available for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad. A perfect companion to Moon Costa Rica.
- For travelers with a taste for elegance, this site represents eight of the most endearing hotels in the country, marketed under the umbrella of Small Distinctive Hotels of Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica’s state-owned regional airline. Online reservations. Also linked to the websites of affiliate Central American airlines.
- Website of privately owned Nature Air, serving Costa Rica and Panamá.
- The official website of the Costa Rican Tourism Board offers search capability plus online reservations.
- The website of the International Ecotourism Society serves anyone interested in responsible travel.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s eco-index of sustainable tourism.
- Overseen by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT), the website of the Certification for Sustainable Tourism lets you differentiate tourism sector businesses based on the degree to which they comply with a sustainable model of natural, cultural, and social resource management.
- This broad-ranging site offers something for everyone, from classifieds and culture to real estate and retirement living.
- Spans the spectrum of possibilities, from real estate to a language translator. Includes a large travel section.
- One of the most comprehensive sites; provides links that will meet most needs of travelers, businessfolk, and anyone else with a lay interest.
- Excellent English-language news source, with sections on travel and real estate.
- Website of the Sistema Nacional de Áreas de Conservación, with information on individual national parks and wildlife reserves. Only in Spanish.
- The official site of the Costa Rican president, with links to all of the government ministries, national institutions, and government-owned banks.
Newspapers and Publications
- The website of A.M. Costa Rica, a daily English-language news source for issues relating to Costa Rica. It also has a classified-ad section, job listings, restaurant reviews, and an entertainment section.
- The website of the nation’s foremost newspaper, La Nación, is the best source by which to catch up on daily events in Costa Rica.
- The online edition of The Tico Times, the excellent English-language daily published in Costa Rica, provides a brief capsule of stories appearing every Friday in the print edition.
- The first-stop site for anglers and active travelers.
- Website of Costa Rica Expeditions, one of the leading travel operators specializing in nature adventures.
- Website of ICE (Costa Rica Institute of Electricity), the nation’s telephone company. It has both white- and yellow-page online directories, although they feature only a small percentage of actual numbers.
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition