Formats and Prices
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- Cool things to do in and around the cities: Kick back at a Spring Training game or squeeze into the grandstands of El Gran Mercado for some lucha libre. Bike the famed Loop in Tucson, kayak Tempe Town Lake, and lace up your boots for an urban hike in the Phoenix Mountains. Support local BIPOC writers at Palabras Bilingual Bookstore and taste what’s on tap at a women-owned brewery. Savor Sonoran-style food like tamales and carne asada or try authentic Tohono O’odham fry bread
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Dip into hot springs or cool off in a secret swimming hole. Travel back in time in a ghost town or sip your way through wine country. Trek the Arizona Trail, hike the hoodoos at Chiricahua National Monument, pick saguaro fruit, and spend a night under the stars
- Experiences broken down by category: Find ideas for each season, activities for kids, outdoor adventures, learning about indigenous cultures, getting to know a new neighborhood, and more
- A local's advice: Whether it’s a wilderness area or a beloved soul food spot, local author Jessica Dunham knows the ins and outs of Arizona
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses and nearby spots, plus tips for avoiding the crowds if you're heading to a popular attraction
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Aug 30, 2022
- Page Count
- 250 pages
- Moon Travel