- Flexible, strategic itineraries: Choose the best home base for you with regional five-day itinerary options or combine shorter side trips for a week of exploring
- The top adventures: Discover the best wildlife and marine life experiences, waterfalls, beaches, rainforests and cloud forests, ziplines, surf spots, and more
- Authentic can’t-miss experiences: Swim under a waterfall, raft over rapids, and explore mysterious caves. Admire the forest floor from the middle of a hanging bridge, take an aerial tram with incredible views, or snorkel with sea turtles in warm turquoise water. Relax on a pristine beach, soak in a volcanic mineral pool, and watch the sunrise with a cup of flavorful local coffee
- Insight from Cartago local Nikki Solano on how to experience Costa Rica like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Helpful charts with travel times from San Jose or Liberia international airports
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Costa Rica's wildlife, landscape, history, and cultural customs, plus travel essentials like a packing list and health and safety information
Planning to stay more than a week? Check out Moon Costa Rica.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.