Moon San Juan Islands
Best Hikes, Local Spots, and Weekend Getaways
‘Island time’ isn’t just for the tropics: Escape to evergreen forests, pebbled shorelines, and the glittering sea with Moon San Juan Islands. Inside you’ll find:
- Flexible itineraries like a 4-day best of the islands and a weeklong family camping trip, with coverage of gateway towns such as Anacortes, Whidbey Island, and Bellingham, plus nearby Seattle and Victoria
- Unique experiences and can’t-miss sights: Picnic on cliffs overlooking the ocean or paddleboard on a tranquil lake. Spot playful orcas and check out the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor. Visit local farms filled with fragrant lavender or fluffy alpaca and sip wine or cider at island vineyards. Savor the flavors of the Pacific Northwest at incredible farm-to-table restaurants, sample oysters fresh from the sea, or browse your way through quirky book stores and funky antique shops
- The best outdoor adventures: Go sea kayaking alongside whales or glide through glimmering nighttime waters during a bioluminescence tour. Set your sights on the islands’ marine life, including killer whales, humpback whales, porpoises, and seals, during a whale-watching trip. Sail around the islands or fish for salmon, cod, and halibut. Take a forest hike, spot rare birds, or bike through rolling farm country and along the stunning shorelines
- Expert advice from former wilderness ranger Don Pitcher on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from romantic B&Bs to stunning campsites
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
With Moon’s practical tips and local insight, you can experience the San Juan Islands your way.
Hitting the road? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip. Seeing more of The Evergreen State? Check out Moon Washington or Moon Seattle.