- Canadian Tourism Commission
- Official tourism website for all of Canada.
- Tourism British Columbia
- Learn more about the province, plan your travels, and order tourism literature.
- Tourism Vancouver
- An excellent resource for planning your time in Vancouver .
- Tourism Victoria
- The official tourism site for British Columbia’s capital.
- Travel to Canada
- Website of the author, Andrew Hempstead. Includes general and up-to-date tips on travel to Canada.
- BC Parks
- A division of the government’s Ministry of Environment, this office is responsible for British Columbia’s provincial parks. Website includes details of each park, as well as recreation and camping information.
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- Nonprofit organization that is instrumental in highlighting conservation issues throughout Canada. The link to the Vancouver chapter provides local information and a schedule of guided walks.
- Parks Canada
- Official website of the agency that manages Canada’s national parks and national historic sites. Website has information on each of western Canada’s national parks (fees, camping, and wildlife) and national historic sites.
- Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service
- Online reservation service for national park campgrounds.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Check this government website for anything related to entry into Canada.
- Environment Canada
- Five-day forecasts from across Canada, including almost 300 locations through western Canada. Includes weather archives such as seasonal trends and snowfall history.
- Government of British Columbia
- The official website of the British Columbia government.
- Government of Canada
- The official website of the Canadian government.
Transportation and Tours
- Air Canada
- Canada’s national airline.
- BC Ferries
- Providing a link between Vancouver and Vancouver Island .
- Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
- Luxurious rail service to and from Vancouver to Banff and Jasper , including via Whistler .
- VIA Rail
- Passenger rail service across Canada.
- Arsenal Pulp Press
- Gastown is the perfect place for this fiercely independent publisher with a title list that is stacked with urban literature.
- Heritage House
- With over 700 nonfiction books in print, this large Vancouver publisher is known for its historical and recreation titles covering all of western Canada.
- Raincoast Publishing
- A large Vancouver publishing house with titles covering all genres.
- Best known for its Canadian coffee table books, this Vancouver publisher also produces respected cooking titles.