- Artist, former AP writer, and arts enthusiast Steve Brisendine tirelessly combs the Kansas City area to post pictures and information about daily art openings. In January 2010, Brisendine transitioned the website from an independent site to a collaborative endeavor hosted by Review, a visual arts publication.
- Back To Rockville
- Kansas City Star music guru Tim Finn blogs thoroughly about the Kansas City music scene, presenting a look at upcoming shows, reviews, music news, and more. Back to Rockville also features a concise venue list, as well as “Give a Listen,” a regularly updated section with reader-recommended tracks, streaming radio, and sound equipment.
- Blog KC
- Discussions on community issues and summaries of prominent local media stories make this a condensed, entertaining guide to all things Kansas City.
- City of Kansas City
- The official site of the city’s government, this is a great place to explore visitor services, receive construction and other updates, and access a complete phone list for all city departments. The parks and recreation and transportation sections are especially helpful for those eager to navigate the city and explore its wealth of green spaces.
- The Downtown Council
- Search up-to-date information regarding downtown news, shops, and new businesses from the independent 280-member Downtown Council, a group dedicated to the betterment of Kansas City ’s urban core.
- Fat City
- From the witty writers of Pitch Weekly comes Fat City, a daily look at local and national food culture. Keep up with restaurant openings (and closings), as well as information on other food-related events.
- Kansas City Area Development Council
- KCADC is dedicated to the economic development and business recruitment of the greater Kansas City area. Visit the website for fact sheets about the city, including top industries and local statistics, or peruse the “Living and Working” section for entertainment and arts and culture suggestions.
- Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association
- If you’re going to bookmark only one Kansas City site, this should be it. The CVA is a comprehensive, constantly updated guide that offers individual venue profiles, as well as suggested itineraries and themed compilations such as Kansas City’s fountains or favorite barbecue spots. Check the annual reader’s favorites awards for restaurants, clubs, shops, and events that other KC visitors have ranked high on the list of must-sees for any visit. Also look for information about seasonal rate specials, city coupon packs, and other discount-oriented materials.
- Kansas Couture: A Midwestern Fashion Perspective by Katy Seibel
- Lawrence resident and style guru Katy Seibel diligently photographs her funky, mostly thrifted outfits and provides tips for getting the most out of your own closet. Seibel’s style know-how landed her in the pages of Lucky magazine in 2009.
- KC Beer Blog
- Beer is an undeniable part of the local culture, and the KC Beer Blog is a refreshing source for beer-related events, news, and even tips on beer-making and yeast brewing. Be sure to check out the blog’s local beer feeds list, a comprehensive guide to other local beer- and food-related blogs.