- Arizona Office of Tourism
- If you’re going to be traveling elsewhere in Arizona (and you should), check out the informative website of the state’s tourism authority; there’s a lot of information on Southern Arizona here as well.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Center for Sonoran Desert Studies
- This website has a variety of interesting information on the desert’s natural history and flora and fauna.
- Bisbee Chamber of Commerce
- This site has a lot of information about Bisbee , one of the top Southern Arizona attractions outside of Tucson, including a very comprehensive list of the town’s many inns, restaurants, and shops.
- City of Tucson
- Tucson ’s city government Web hub has, one would hope, all the information you’ll ever need on the goings-on of the town council, the mayor, parks and recreation, and the sewer department. There’s also information that is likely more useful to the visitor, including a calendar of events, a bus schedule, and directions to every park in town.
- Cochise County
- If you’re doing any day-tripping southeast of Tucson in Cochise County, this official county website may help you get a feel for the area, and it has links to a plethora of information.
- Metropolitan Tucson Convention and Visitors Bureau
- This is Tucson and Southern Arizona’s official tourism site. It’s got a lot of information on it, and some really beautiful images of the desert and the city.
- Pima County
- Similar in scope and subject matter to the City of Tucson site, Pima County’s is even more comprehensive, including links to all kinds of information on living in and visiting the wider Tucson region, including a database through which you can check the food safety ratings of every restaurant in the county.
- Santa Cruz County
- Tubac , Tumamacácori , Patagonia , and Nogales are all great places to visit in tiny rural Santa Cruz County, about 45 minutes south of Tucson on I-19. This county website has information about everyday life along the border.
News and Culture
- Arizona Daily Star
- Tucson ’s morning daily is free on this site, with news and information on all of Southern Arizona.
- Arizona Republic
- If you want to know what’s happening in Arizona outside of the Tucson region, check out the state’s largest newspaper, free online every day; the site also has a robust Arizona travel guide and a useful dining and entertainment section.
- Green Valley News
- A twice-weekly newspaper covering the Santa Cruz Valley; they regularly print stories about Tubac , Madera Canyon, and the Santa Rita Mountains.
- Inside Tucson Business
- This weekly tabloid covers the business community in Tucson and Southern Arizona.
- Nogales International
- This twice-weekly paper covers the small border town of Nogales as well as the Mountain Empire communities.
- Phoenix New Times
- This site is the best place to go for entertainment and cultural listings and alternative news and commentary about life in the Valley of the Sun.
- Sierra Vista Herald
- Check out this site for information and news about Bisbee , the Huachuca Mountains, and all of Cochise County.
- Tucson Weekly
- Southern Arizona’s best source of alternative news, political blogs, and cultural and entertainment news and listings.