1212 Cathedral St., 410/783-8000, www.bsomusic.org 
Opened in 1982, this graceful building, a series of rising, curved structures, is named for one of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra’s most generous patrons and officers. The curves on the exterior carry over to the interior, as the outer areas and hallways gently sweep around the 2,443-seat concert space.
The BSO has been playing to packed houses of late because of the excitement created by the addition of acclaimed music director Marin Alsop, the first woman to be named as head of a major U.S. orchestra.
Rave reviews for her conducting, and the performances of the BSO under her guidance, have been given by the national and international press, and her presence has reignited interest in and appreciation of the BSO both in Baltimore  and beyond.