From 1913 to 1959, Montana’s governor lived at the Old Governor’s Mansion (304 N. Ewing St., 406/444-4789). Built in 1883 by a local entrepreneur, the 20-room residence is now owned by the Montana Historical Society , which has restored the ornate building to its historic splendor. Tours operate on the hour (noon–3 p.m. Tues.–Sat. May–Sept., noon–3 p.m. Sat. Oct.–Apr., $4 adults, $1 children).