Major Destination Websites
Attracting visitors in the thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) every year, the region’s best-known attractions have become increasingly web-savvy. Expect to find basic background information about the destination, plus essentials such as hours, location, entrance fees, driving directions, and special deals or packages currently offered.
- Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau
- The site provides a full a list of events throughout the year, and visitor information on lodging, restaurants, sights, shopping, and transportation.
- The Freedom Trail Foundation
- Find tourist info, historical background, and latest news on tours and events for the 16 historical sites that make up Boston’s Freedom Trail .
- Boston Museum of Science
- Find out the Museum’s current exhibits, buy tickets, get membership information, directions, and maps of the Museum.
- The Berkshires
- This site offers lots of advice on dining and lodging in the area, plus other diversions such as spas, concerts, family outings, outdoor excursions, plus a list of current getaway deals.
- Plimouth Plantation
- From historic background and online ticket purchasing to hours of operation and a list of current events happening at the Plantation, the site is full of practical information, including directions and a guide to respecting native cultures.
- Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce
- The site contains full business listings, information on where to stay and eat, background on the 15 towns that make up Cape Cod , help on getting around the area, plus information on golfing, baseball, football, and other sporting in the area.
- Nantucket Island
- Plan your island vacation with this site’s easy listings of local restaurants, hotels and inns, beaches, and museums. There’s also plenty of information on where and how to go boating, fishing, golfing, and biking, plus a section on where to take kids around the island.
- Martha’s Vineyard Island
- From diving and sailing to horseback riding and beach-going, this site details all there is to do on and around Martha’s Vineyard . It also lists accommodations and restaurants, posts a calendar of events and festivals, and provides information on car rentals and ferries, and vacation rentals.
- Providence Chamber of Commerce
- This site offers information not just on visiting Providence , but on moving there as well.
- Newport, RI
- Find full listings of local businesses on the site, along with useful visitor information such as events, historic sights, and shows by area and neighborhood.
- The Preservation Society of Newport County
- The Preservation Society operates the majority of mansions that are open to the public in Newport . Find out more about the history and character of each one on this in-depth site—plus essentials such as events, hours, and online ticketing.
- Connecticut Tourism
- Built primarily for visitors to the state, the site lists weekend getaway itineraries and events happening throughout the year. It also offers help on getting to and around the different counties, and special deals on hotels.
- Mystic, CT
- The town’s official site lists everything currently happening within it, from the Aquarium’s exhibits to the Seaport’s presentations. Also find restaurant, hotel, and shopping listings.
- Killington Chamber of Commerce, VT
- Here you’ll find information on nightlife and dining, shopping, accommodations, ski resorts, local churches and businesses, plus help on getting around the area by public transportation and finding local festivals.
- Vermont Country Store
- The state’s most beloved (and most marketed) quirky country store sells its hard-to-find stock online—everything from penny candy to sock monkey sheets.
- New Hampshire Tourism
- Find all kinds of visitors’ information on the state, including local foliage reports, travel itineraries, online photo galleries, deals on seasonal travel packages, and lodging and restaurant listings.
- Mt. Washington Valley, NH
- Just about anything happening in the Valley shows up on this site: local events throughout the year, dog sledding and cross-country skiing—plus how to find the best local craftsmen and artists, as well as shopping, restaurant, and hotel listings.
- Maine Tourism
- The site offers information on everything to
see and do in Maine, including fall foliage, outdoor recreation, family-friendly outings, restaurants, shopping, events, and accommodations.