- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
The best public camping is a half hour to the west in Kettle Moraine State Forest; (262/646-3025, open year round) it’s very popular and is often booked, so arrive/ reserve early. The nearest private campground is southwest of Milwaukee along I-43 in Mukwonago at Country View Campground (S110 W26400 Craig Ave., 414/662-3654, $23–24).
Country View is open mid-April–mid-October and offers a pool, playground, hot showers, and supplies. RVs can camp at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, west along I-94 in West Allis, but it’s crowded and cacophonic with freeway traffic.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition