- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Milwaukee sits on the deepest harbor on the western edge of Lake Michigan. For miles, the city rolls like a sideways wave along the lake. You can drive the entire lakefront on WI 32 or bike most of it on separate county park bike paths. You pass nine beaches along the way.
South of the Milwaukee Art Museum and the Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin is one of Wisconsin’s newest state parks, Lakeshore State Park, a nearly 20-acre parcel of land adjacent to the Summerfest grounds with beaches, fishing, and trails linking it to the entire rest of the state.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition