- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
A case can be made that the West End rivals Yankee Hill’s opulence. West End became the city’s first residential suburb, between North 27th Street, North 35th Street, West Wisconsin Avenue, and West Vliet Street.
Yankee bluebloods and prominent German American families competed in building the most opulent mansions. Highland Boulevard was at one time referred to as “Sauerkraut Boulevard.”
Highlights of the area include the Tripoli Shrine Temple on West Wisconsin Avenue, Central United Methodist Church on North 25th Street, Harley-Davidson’s corporate headquarters, and Miller Brewing Company.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition