- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Juneautown constituted the east side of the 19th-century internecine Milwaukee wars and developed into the effective heart of the city. Today, both Water Street and Wisconsin Avenue atavistically claim the title of most-happening area in the city.
St. Mary’s Church (836 N. Broadway, at the corner of E. Kilbourn Ave. in Juneautown) is precisely the same age as Milwaukee. Made of Cream City brick in 1846, it is the oldest Catholic church in the city. The Annunciation painting above the altar was a gift from King Ludwig I of Bavaria.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition