- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Polonez (4016 S. Packard Ave., St. Francis, 414/482-0080, 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Tues.–Fri., 5–9 p.m. Tues.–Sat., 11 a.m.–8 p.m. Sun., $5–17) is a longtime Milwaukee favorite. Since previous editions of this guide, it has transformed geographically and atmospherically—it’s now a white-tableclothed fine-dining (but very casual in feeling) experience.
The pierogi and cutlets are phenomenal, as is the very good czarnina (a raisin soup with duck stock, duck blood, and fruits—seven soups daily). The Sunday brunch is unrivaled.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition