- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
A lovely lake view comes at Coast (931 E. Wisconsin Ave., 414/727-5555, 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. daily, 5–9 p.m. daily, $8–20), offering absolutely superb vistas of the Milwaukee Art Museum’s new Calatrava addition and Lake Michigan. Pan-American in scope, the creative foods here are superbly made but, as with the comfortably designed interiors, unpretentious.
On the river and closer to the Historic Third Ward is the new and superb Riverwalk Bistro (223 N. Water St., 414/272-4200, lunch/dinner daily except Mon., from $7)—world cuisine on a riparian patio.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition