Coffee and Tea Shops
- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
A highlight is the Brady St. Pharmacy (1696 N. Astor St., 414/272-4384), a real-deal old-school pharmacy with a lunch counter and steaming coffee—eavesdrop on the Italian from the neighborhood denizens!
Watts Tea Shop (761 N. Jefferson St., 414/291-5120, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. daily, tea 2:30–4 p.m.) heads the list for afternoon tea and homemade everything, from scones to chicken salad. The shop is ensconced in the ritzy Watts store, purveyor of prohibitively fragile china, silver, and crystal.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition