- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
The title of top Mexican eatery now belongs to
La Hacienda (515 S. Park St., 608/255-8227, 8 a.m.–3 a.m. Sun.-Thurs., 8 a.m.-4 a.m. Fri.-Sat., $4–12). The menu is an encyclopedic traipse through home-style Mexican, down to a great daily comida corrida, menudo, huge burritos, sweetly tart mole sauce, and a killer chile de arbol. The lunch specials are good deals and, best of all, it doesn’t close until way, way late every day.
A couple of friends insist I’m a knucklehead and that Taqueria El Pastor (2010 S. Park St., 608/280-8898, 7 a.m.–11 p.m. daily, $3–9), a most unassuming little place, is better. They may be right. Just ask for the house specialties.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition