- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
The west side of Madison may be a dreary slice of strip-mall hell, but Le Tigre Lounge (1389 S. Midvale Blvd., 608/274-0944) is a time trip back to the Rat Pack.
A bit closer to downtown along Old University Avenue, Blue Moon Bar and Grill (2535 University Ave., 608/233-0441), once a classic Whisky tavern, spruced itself up into a cool art deco B&G without losing any of its charm. Burgers are legendary here, but the clam chowder is also luscious.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition