Weights and Measures
- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Electrical outlets in the United States run on a 110V or 120V AC. Most plugs are either two flat prongs or two flat and one round. Transformers and adapters for 220V appliances are available in hardware or electronics stores.
The Metric System
Let’s just say it doesn’t come up a whole lot in Wisconsin. Foreign visitors can reference the U.S.-Metric Conversion Table in the back of this guide for help with distance and temperature conversions.
All of Wisconsin falls on central standard time (CST), which is six hours earlier than Greenwich mean time. However, if you plan a trip north of the border into Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, you’ll enter eastern standard time, which is one hour ahead of CST.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition