Information and Services
- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
For information on anything and everything in the state, contact the Wisconsin Department of Tourism (800/432-8747, www.travelwisconsin.com), which has a decent website and offers fantastic printed guides.
Regarding the Internet, precious few sites are really all that worthy. First stop for culture, arts, and history should be portalwisconsin.org, a superb site; cheekier but filled with tidbits is classicwisconsin.com, good for information on fish fries. An idiosyncratic site—is it travel or geography or what?—is www.wisconline.com. You can thereafter peruse all you want, but this author has never found an otherwise worthy website on pan-Wisconsin travel.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition