Planning Your Trip
- Where to Go
- The Best of Milwaukee and Madison
- The Best Wisconsin Weekends
- A Perfect Week in Door County
- Wisconsin for Recreationists
- Rustic Road Tripping
- Made in Milwaukee
- Madison Weekend
- Sports: The Packers and Beyond
- Out on the Town in Milwaukee
- Say Cheese!
- Four Days in the Mad City
- A Wisconsin Family Road Trip
- Wisconsin’s Best Brews
Plan a road trip of a few days to “do” Wisconsin and you’ll leave frustrated. If you had a month and a reliable car you could theoretically hit all the highlights of each region. Keeping in mind that one person’s Road Warrior day is another’s lazy roll, you can reasonably cover most regions in 4–7 days.
Travel media have consistently voted Wisconsin one of the greatest road-touring states in the country—the Department of Transportation has even highlighted more than 100 of the state’s best back-roads trips in an effort to preserve the lightly traveled avenues into the real Wisconsin.
A road trip through Wisconsin is a phenomenal way to view the countryside and the culture up close and personal.
© Thomas Huhti from Moon Wisconsin, 5th Edition