- Best of Vancouver and Victoria
- Vancouver Island: High Tea to Low Tide
- Vancouver’s Totem Poles
- Vancouver’s Best Hiking
- Family Fun in Vancouver & Victoria
- Focus on Vancouver and Victoria
- Vancouver Weekend Getaway
- Victoria Weekend Getaway
- A Tour Through Time
- Inside Passage Cruises
- Outdoor Adventures
- Winter Fun in Vancouver & Victoria
Less than two kilometers (1.2 miles) from the Saltery Bay ferry terminal is 140-hectare (346-acre) Saltery Bay Provincial Park, one of the Sunshine Coast’s diving hot spots. Waters off the park are accessible from the shore and are full of marine life as well as a bronze mermaid. Camping is $14 per night.
From Saltery Bay, it’s 31 kilometers (19.2 miles) of winding road to Powell River. Along the way you’ll cross Lois River, the outlet for large Lois Lake, and pass a string of coastal communities clinging to the rocky shoreline of Malaspina Strait.
© Andrew Hempstead, from Moon Western Canada, 3rd Edition