- Best of Vancouver and Victoria
- Vancouver Island: High Tea to Low Tide
- Vancouver’s Totem Poles
- Vancouver’s Best Hiking
- Family Fun in Vancouver & Victoria
- Focus on Vancouver and Victoria
- Vancouver Weekend Getaway
- Victoria Weekend Getaway
- A Tour Through Time
- Inside Passage Cruises
- Outdoor Adventures
- Winter Fun in Vancouver & Victoria
The small town of Sidney lies on the east side of the Saanich Peninsula, overlooking the Strait of Georgia. As well as being the departure point for ferries to the San Juan Islands (Washington), the waterfront area is a pleasant spot to spend a sunny day exploring bustling Port Sidney Marina and the many outdoor cafés.
The only official attraction is Sidney Museum (9801 Seaport Place at the end of Beacon Ave., 250/656-2140, daily 10 a.m.–4 p.m., donation). The highlight is a display pertaining to whales, which includes skeletons.
© Andrew Hempstead, from Moon Western Canada, 3rd Edition