- Where to Go
- The Best of the Valley of the Sun
- Wild West Adventure
- Let Scottsdale Rock Your World
- Finding Water in the Sonoran Desert
- Spring Training
- Arizona Family Road Trip
- Phoenix Points of Pride
- Southwestern Culture and Heritage
- Nocturnal Scottsdale
- Exploring Phoenix’s Architecture
- Unexpected Arizona
- Desert Chic
- Chilly Drinks and Cool Eats in Scottsdale
Thanks to a growing downtown and a brand-new convention center, Phoenix offers several hotel options. You’ll likely want to choose one of downtown’s high-rise towers (which offer convenient light-rail access) or one of the popular and quintessentially Arizona resorts in the Camelback Corridor.
The resorts tend to be a bit pricier than their hotel brethren, but they offer a mini-oasis of manicured grounds, multiple swimming pools, and adjacent golf courses. Their lavish amenities are well worth a few extra dollars a night.
In summer, rates at all Phoenix hotels are dramatically discounted, as much as half off or more.
© Jeff Ficker from Moon Phoenix, Scottsdale & Sedona, 1st edition