Best of Nicaragua’s Southwest Coast
- Where to Go
- The Best of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua’s Best Surfing
- Hiking Nicaragua’s Ring of Fire
- Nicaraguan Arts & Crafts
- Nicaragua’s Great Green North
- Sportfishing in Nicaragua
- Down the Río San Juan
- Nicaragua’s Celebrations & Fiestas
- Volunteering in Nicaragua
- Diving & Snorkeling in Nicaragua
- Managua’s Revolutionary Driving Tour
Surfing: There’s no denying San Juan del Sur has become a major surf center, drawing shredders and groms from all over. There are waves for all levels out here, and plenty of places that will give you your first lesson.
Sunset Cruise: San Juan del Sur’s sunsets are spectacular year-round, and there’s no better place to enjoy one than on the water with a dozen friends and a glass of wine.
La Flor Wildlife Refuge: Even if you miss the spectacular nighttime turtle--nesting events, a simple walk along this protected beach and up the forested river is remarkable.
Playa Marsella: A gentle wave and a secluded beach make for all sorts of opportunities.
© Randall Wood & Joshua Berman from Moon Nicaragua, 4th Edition