- Where to Go
- The Best of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua’s Best Surfing
- Hiking Nicaragua’s Ring of Fire
- Nicaraguan Arts & Crafts
- Nicaragua’s Great Green North
- Sportfishing in Nicaragua
- Down the Río San Juan
- Nicaragua’s Celebrations & Fiestas
- Volunteering in Nicaragua
- Diving & Snorkeling in Nicaragua
- Managua’s Revolutionary Driving Tour
A college town, León caters easily to those looking to stay on longer. Room for Rent posters are found easily around the universities and on bulletin boards of the main hostels. In general, expect to pay $150–200 a month for a room with shared kitchen and up to $400 a month for furnished apartments.
Check with Jordan Clark (tel. 505/8672-3566, www.nicaraguarealestateleon.com) or Green Pathways Tours (www.greenpathways.com); both keep lists of long-term rentals in León and shared houses on the beach.
© Randall Wood & Joshua Berman from Moon Nicaragua, 4th Edition