Calle la Calzada
- Where to Go
- The Best of Nicaragua
- Nicaragua’s Best Surfing
- Hiking Nicaragua’s Ring of Fire
- Nicaraguan Arts & Crafts
- Nicaragua’s Great Green North
- Sportfishing in Nicaragua
- Down the Río San Juan
- Nicaragua’s Celebrations & Fiestas
- Volunteering in Nicaragua
- Diving & Snorkeling in Nicaragua
- Managua’s Revolutionary Driving Tour
Walk east from Parque Colón toward the lake along Granada’s hippest strip, recently reworked with a modern pedestrian-friendly design, but with an old feel featuring cobblestone, street lamps, and wide sidewalks.
Halfway to the lake, stop at the 17th-century Iglesia de Guadalupe, first built in 1626 and most recently refurbished in 1945.
Continuing along the palm-lined boulevard, you’ll reach the muelle and malecón (dock and quay) on the water’s edge.
© Randall Wood & Joshua Berman from Moon Nicaragua, 4th Edition