The Conrad Mansion (330 Woodland Ave., 406/755-2166, www.conradmansion.com, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Tues.–Sun. May 15–Oct. 15; $8 adults, $3 children) was built in 1895 and for most of the next 80 years was home to members of the Conrad family. None of the original architecture was changed during this time. When the home was donated to the city of Kalispell in 1975, the interior and exterior were renovated, and the mansion is now considered one of the best examples of Pacific Northwest late-19th-century architecture.
© W.C. McRae & Judy Jewell from Moon Montana, 7th Edition