Best of San José
- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
Pre-Columbian Gold Museum: The highlight of the Museos Banco Central de Costa Rica, this splendid collection of pre-Columbian gold and jade displays a cornucopia of indigenous ornaments and artifacts. Also here is an excellent numismatic museum.
National Theater: San José’s architectural pride and joy gleams after a recent restoration. View by day, then don your duds for a evening classical performance in season.
Fidel Tristán Jade Museum: The world’s largest collection of pre-Columbian jade ornamentation is exhibited in creative displays in a new facility.
Parque Nacional: A breath of fresh air in the crowded city, this leafy park is the setting for the Monumento Nacional.
Mercado Central: Tuck your wallet safely away to explore this tight-packed warren of stalls and stores selling everything from pig’s heads to saddles. This is a great place to eat for pennies in true Tico fashion.
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition