- The Best of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Top Spots for WIldlife
- Costa Rica’s Most Beautiful Beaches
- Costa Rica’s Best Beaches for Wildlife
- Best Surfing Beaches in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica’s Unique Retreats & Resorts
- Surf’s Up in Costa Rica
- Off-The-Beaten-Path Eco-Adventures
- Costa Rica Family-Friendly Adventures
- Adrenaline Rush
Costa Rica has more than a dozen TV stations. Satellite coverage from the United States is widely available and many hotels provide North American and European programming.
There are about 120 radio stations. The vast majority play Costa Rican music, and finding Western music isn’t easy. One of my favorite stations is Super_Radio 102.3 FM, which plays oldies, including soul music (6–7 P.M.). Radio Dos, 99.5 FM, plays “lovers’ rock” and all-time classics and has news and traffic reports in English. Rock Radio, 107.5 FM, broadcasts in English 24/7, including BBC News at 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. Classical music fans are served by Radio Universidad, 96.7 FM. Jazz lovers should tune to 95.5 FM Jazz.
© Christopher P. Baker from Moon Costa Rica, 8th Edition