Weddings, honeymoons, and anniversaries often inspire romance. Here are just a few of the ways to celebrate the occasion.
Most Romantic Resorts
- • The luxury suites at Dreams Los Cabos are a favorite for celebrating special occasions.
- • Select linens for your bed from a menu when you check in at Las Ventanas al Paraíso. Then enjoy a private movie showing on the beach at night.
- • The remote setting on the Pacific coast and no-kids policy of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica appeals to those in search of a quieter Los Cabos experience. Oceanview rooms have private plunge pools at Capella Pedregal.
Most Intimate Boutique Hotels
- • Watch stunning sunsets from the pool or bar at Posada de las Flores, on the malecón in La Paz or enjoy the historic setting at El Ángel Azul bed and break-fast.
- • Relax in European surroundings at Casa Natalia, in the heart of downtown San José del Cabo, or retreat from the bustle of Cabo San Lucas at the beautifully restored Casa Bella.
Best Candlelight Dinners
- • In the heart of downtown La Paz, sample creative bajacaliforniano cuisine at Las Tres Virgenes or choose Italian ambience at Caffé Milano.
- • Try the six-course tasting menu at Don Emiliano in San José.
- • Reserve a private booth at Don Manuel’s, the signature restaurant inside the Capella Pedregal resort.
- • Head to Café Santa Fé in Todos Santos or bring a picnic to Playa Palmilla and watch the sun set into the Pacific.
Best Beaches to Walk at Sunset
- • Watch surfers catch their last waves of the day at Playa Costa Azul, just outside San José del Cabo.
- • See the sun melt into the Pacific from Playa Solmar, which runs along the south-western edge of the Cape.
- • Observe the birds in action along the Estero San José, just outside San José del Cabo, or at Playa Las Pocitas, near Todos Santos.
- • Enjoy treatment rooms with a view at the Marquis Los Cabos.
- • Heavenly body wraps and oceanside massages set the mood at the Westin Los Cabos, near San José del Cabo.
- • Soak in the indoor steam caves and waterfalls at Esperanza, close to Cabo San Lucas.
- • Browse contemporary fine art on display in the galleries of Todos Santos and San José
- • Find a Mexican fire opal in one of San José’s jewelry shops.
- • Watch artisans making ceramics at Ibarra’s Pottery in La Paz. Admire the designer furnishings at Casa Paulina in downtown San José.
© Nikki Goth Itoi from Moon Baja, 9th Edition