By Lebawit Lily Girma
Tenth Edition, November 2013
This full-color guide to Belize includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps.
Travel writer, photographer, and Belize expert Lebawit Lily Girma knows the best ways to experience Belize—from the gorgeous beaches of the Northern Cayes to the diversity of the Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve (the only jaguar preserve in the world). Girma offers a range of interesting activities for every traveler—such as waterfall rappelling at Bocawina National Park or attending the Chocolate Festival—as well as unique trip ideas like A 14-Day Cultural Tour. Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, Moon Belize gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Belize
Enjoy the very best of Belize with these itineraries:
- The Best of Belize
- Flip-Flop Zones
- Adventure Junkies
- Underwater Bliss
- Local Culture
- Wildlife Encounters
- Rhythms of Belize
- The Mundo Maya
Explore what Belize has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Belize City including Along the Northern Highway and Along the Western Highway
- The Northern Cayes including San Pedro and Ambergris Caye, and Caye Caulker
- Belmopan and Cayo including San Ignacio, The Mountain Pine Range, and Into Guatemala
- Southern Coast including Dangriga, Islands near Dangriga, Hopkins and Vicinity, The Cockscomb Basin, The Placencia Peninsula, and Islands near Placencia
- Punta Gorda and the Toledo District including Punta Gorda and Vicinity, Islands near Punta Gorda, Mayan Upcountry Villages and Archaeological Sites
- Northern Belize including Orange Walk Town, Lamanai, Blue Creek and the Rio Bravo, Corozal and Vicinity, and Chetumal, Mexico