Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
"Visiting the Mundo Maya" on June 2, 2012, episode of "Travel with Rick Steves"
My interview with Rick Steves about "Visiting the Mundo Maya" on the June 2, 2012 episode of Travel with Rick Steves. It is program number 288 and is available here. "Get tips for visiting evocative pre-Columbian sites. Learn how you can be a houseguest of today's Maya, too. Plus, Rick joins a guide from Prague for a walking tour of the charmingly preserved 'Golden City of 500 Spires,' where sightseeing is fueled by some of Europe's best beer."
Beginning on June 3, 2012, the show will also be available to download any time. Please enjoy, and let me know what you think about traveling in the Mundo Maya!