Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
"MAYA 2012: Lords of Time" exhibit at Penn Museum
WHEN: May 4-6
WHERE: Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology, Philadelphia
WHAT: The 30th Annual Maya Weekend, "MAYA 2012: Lords of Time"
FROM Mike Ruggeri's Ancient America Museum Exhibitions, Conferences, and Lectures List: "For 30 years, international scholars, Maya enthusiasts, artists, glyph experts, archaeologists, and others have joined together for a lively weekend of engaging talks and programs centering on the Maya world. During the weekend, numerous lectures and workshops provide opportunities for attendees to learn about Maya culture and current archaeological work at Maya sites. This weekend features an exclusive preview to the new exhibition, MAYA 2012: Lords of Time, and focuses on the Maya and their concept of time.
HOW MUCH: Admission: $180; $140, Penn Museum members.