Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Win a National Parks Pass From Moon Travel Guides
The National Park Service is waiving entrance fees at more than 100 national parks for two days starting this Saturday—and we want to help our readers get out and explore.
To celebrate the beauty and wonder of the parks, Moon is giving away two National Parks-related prizes to two lucky readers. The first place prize is a National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass ($80 value), the second place prize is a gift pack of three Moon National Park guidebooks ($54 value), including Moon Acadia National Park, Moon Yosemite, and Moon Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
To enter, simply email giveaway [at] moon [dot] com and tell us what your favorite National Park is—and why. Entries will be accepted thru 5pm CST on Sunday, Aug. 15th. Winners will be selected and announced on the Moon Staff Blog , and via the Moon Facebook and Twitter pages the week of Aug. 16th. Employees of the Perseus Books Group are not eligible to win.
We look forward to seeing your answers—and helping you further explore our amazing National Parks. If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our National Parks activity ideas.
Jen Rios-Burns, Online Marketing Manager