Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Win a $250 Southwest Gift Card from Moon Travel Guides
With the new year upon us, now is the perfect time to start thinking about where you want to travel in 2011—and Moon Travel Guides wants to help send you on your way.
Moon is offering one lucky reader a $250 Southwest Airlines gift card. For a chance to win, all you have to do is answer one simple question: “What U.S. city, town, or national park do you most want to visit in 2011?” You can post your answer on our Facebook page, Tweet us your response using the hashtag #MoonGiveaway or submit your response in the comments section below. The name of the winner will be announced on the Moon Staff Blog the week of January 10th. All entries must be received by 5pm CST on January 9th. Employees of the Perseus Books Group are not eligible to win.
We’re looking forward to hearing about the places you want to go in 2011, and helping you make the best of your travel adventures. If you're looking for some ideas, visit Laura Martone's American Nomad blog to see her list of the best places to travel in the U.S. in 2011.
Good luck, and happy travels in 2011!
Online Marketing Manager
Photo by Irwin Thompson courtesy of Southwest Airlines