Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Tell Us, What’s Your Favorite U.S. City?
With countless Americans looking for ways to save money, many are trading in their typical summer trips abroad for domestic adventures—opting instead to re-discover the good old U.S.A.
To help inspire these summer adventures, we’re giving away 50 of our popular U.S. guidebooks in 50 days, and featuring all U.S. destinations on Moon.com for the next two weeks, along with guest blogs from several of our authors talking about their top cities.
To win a book, you only need to answer one simple question—“What’s your favorite U.S. city?”
Whether it’s the southern charm of Memphis, the natural backdrops of Seattle, or the neon lights of Las Vegas, tell us in 100 words or less what your top city is and you’ll get a chance to win a free guidebook of your choice. One winner will be chosen daily for the next 50 days—so there are plenty of chances to win!
All submissions must be emailed to giveaway [at] moon [dot] com between July 20th and September 7th. Winners will be selected by Moon staff and will be judged according to the quality and creativity of the response—one word submissions will not be accepted. Please include your full name and an email address with your entry. Excerpts from winning entries will be posted in a weekly round-up on the Moon Water Cooler, so check back often to see if you’re a winner.
Good luck—and happy domestic travels!