Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Swine Flu: Get Informed
With the news of swine flu flooding the media, you may be anxious about your travel plans—or wonder whether you should even be traveling at all. In order to help you better understand swine flu, we've pulled together a list of websites and articles that provide the clearest, most relevant information about this outbreak:
WebMD – WebMD has posted an excellent article on Swine Flu and Travel that offers travel recommendations, and advice on what to do if you get sick while traveling. They also offer answers to a list of frequently asked questions about swine flu.
Pandemicflu.gov - One-stop access to U.S. government swine, avian and pandemic flu information. Includes maps, webcasts, and up to the minute updates.
If you are traveling, there are steps that you can take to limit your risk of catching swine flu. We want all of our readers to stay informed, and stay healthy.
Moon.com Content Editor