Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Hit the Road with Moon and Win an iPod Nano
Summer is almost here. Are you road trip ready?
All this week at Moon.com we’re featuring handy road trip itineraries and routes, as well as plenty of road-tested tips and advice from Moon’s American Nomad blogger, Laura Martone. We’re also giving one lucky reader the chance to win an 8GB iPod Nano (Retail Value $149 USD) and a Moon guidebook of their choice. To enter to win, simply comment below or on our Facebook or Twitter page and tell us what song most makes you want to hit the road.
Deadline to enter is 5pm PST on Sunday, May 1st. We’ll be picking one winner at random the week of May 2nd. The name of the winner will be announced on the Moon Staff Blog. Employees of the Perseus Books Group, the parent company of Avalon Travel & Moon, are not eligible to win.
We can’t wait to hear all your favorite road trip songs. As for me, I love “Take it Easy” by The Eagles. For me, it’s a true road trip classic.
Online Marketing Manager
Photo © 2011 Daniel Martone