About this blog
Al Argueta loves Guatemala, and travels there often. This blog will update information found in his books, and also be a forum to answer reader questions about all things Guatemala.
- Dresden Codex May Yield Location of Maya Treasure
- A Room with a View
- Weekend en Guatemala
- Reflections on the 1996 Peace Accords
- New Flights to Guatemala City
- Alta Verapaz Under State of Siege
- A Very Important Message Regarding ATMs
- Antigua Guatemala Tones Down New Year's Celebration
- Pollo Campero Takes on Disney World
- Widespread Disgust at Murder of Anthropologist
- More Good Press for Guatemala
- Eight Found Guilty in Slaying of Salvadoran Diplomats
- Lake Atitlán to Host Film Festival
- Galerias La Pradera Gets a Facelift
- Former INGUAT Director Accused of Stealing $3.5 Million
A Room with a View
As previously announced, Conde Nast Traveller (U.K. version of the popular travel magazine) recently selected a unique Guatemalan hotel room for its monthly Room with a View page. The March edition of the magazine features the view from room 24 at La Reunion Antigua Golf Resort & Residences. I captured the photo during a stay in December 2009.
In other news, the magazine has decided to devote even more pages to Guatemala, with a full travel feature on the country to appear in a future edition. I will be traveling to Guatemala next month on assignment for the magazine, along with a writer. I'll keep you posted before that issue hits newsstands.