About this blog
Al Argueta loves Guatemala, and travels there often. This blog will update information found in his books, and also be a forum to answer reader questions about all things Guatemala.
- Dresden Codex May Yield Location of Maya Treasure
- A Room with a View
- Weekend en Guatemala
- Reflections on the 1996 Peace Accords
- New Flights to Guatemala City
- Alta Verapaz Under State of Siege
- A Very Important Message Regarding ATMs
- Antigua Guatemala Tones Down New Year's Celebration
- Pollo Campero Takes on Disney World
- Widespread Disgust at Murder of Anthropologist
- More Good Press for Guatemala
- Eight Found Guilty in Slaying of Salvadoran Diplomats
- Lake Atitlán to Host Film Festival
- Galerias La Pradera Gets a Facelift
- Former INGUAT Director Accused of Stealing $3.5 Million
More Good Press for Guatemala
Moon Guatemala (and Guatemala) have recently been getting some great press and I wanted to share the news with my readers. First, Shutterbug magazine has featured Moon Guatemala in its December 2010 issue (pictured above). The feature discusses photographers who have successfully published their work in books and shows several pages from Moon Guatemala's color section in addition to its front cover.
In other news, Conde Nast Traveller (U.K. version of the magazine) will be running an image from a Guatemalan hotel in its 'Room with a View' page in an upcoming edition. If you're familiar with the magazine, you'll know that every month a wonderful hotel room with a singular view is featured on the last page. The magazine has selected an Antigua Guatemala hotel for its March 2011 issue. The photograph was shot by 'yours truly.' The hotel is one of my favorite Guatemalan properties whose recognition is well-deserved. Although not in Guatemala, it also bears mentioning that I photographed the 'Room with a View' featuring Mexico's Copper Canyon for the magazine's January 2011 issue.
As mentioned in a previous blog post, Caribbean Travel + Life will be running a full-length feature on Guatemala's Caribbean coast in its March 2011 edition, also written and photographed by me. The issue hits newsstands in February.
Finally, I'm pleased to announce that I'm currently working on an iPhone/iPad travel app on Guatemala to be released in the first quarter of 2011. I'll keep you posted.